Fayetteville Veterans Home
Officials broke ground for the Fayetteville Veterans Home on September 3, 2004. We welcomed our
first resident on June 21, 2006. This licensed Medicaid/Medicare 108 bed skilled care nursing facility, provides a comfortable and supportive atmosphere for our veterans. We operate under the direction of the Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs and have been approved and recognized by the Federal Veterans Administration as a qualified state veterans home.
A benefit of being a resident of our state veterans home is that we provide RN coverage for all three shifts, 24 hours a day. This is not a requirement for private nursing homes. Additionally, we have security personnel on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- No criminal record
- Honorable discharge
- Arkansas residents have first priority.
- Veteran's spouses and Gold Star parents can apply for admission.
- Have a medical need for nursing home placement.
- Submit an Application for Admission which includes basic medical and
financial information along with a Medical Release of Information form.
(Please call or write for an application packet)
- A one-on-one interview with the applicant may be conducted by a
- The application, medical history and nurse interview are reviewed by
the Admissions Committee.
|Application for Admission|
|Request for and Authorization to Release Medical Records or Health Information Form|
All veterans admitted to the Fayetteville Veterans Home will have their name, branch of service and years they served engraved on a plaque placed on our Veterans Wall located on the facility grounds.
- Hospice care
- Respite care
- Medical Director available
- RN, LPN, CNA on-site care around the clock
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Daily activities coordinated by a Certified Activities Director.
- A Licensed Social Worker
- An Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits Officer
who assists all veterans with VA Benefits.
- Transportation available
- Personal laundry done at no additional charge.
- Security provided 24 hours a day.
Veterans service groups may request the use of the meeting room or outdoor patio for special events. Use of these areas is at the discretion of the home's administrator.